Announcing a Level 1 Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music Training in Litchfield Connecticut on August 4th-7th (http://wisdomhouse.org/index.php). Primary trainer Madelaine Ventre and Assistant Trainer, Michael Viega. Contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org June 6th if interested and for more information.
Hello NER-AMTA Members, Rebecca Preddie, AMTA Scholarship & Grants Coordinator is looking for some willing Scholarship Reviewers (5-6 volunteers) that will be part of the AMTA Scholarship Review Committee. This is a great opportunity for NER-AMTA members who do not have the ability to be involved in large, year round projects, but DO have the ability to work from home for short periods of time.
By agreeing to be a Scholarship Reviewer, you must be a current AMTA member. You will review for at least three AMTA scholarships offered within the calendar year (January 2017 – December 2017), will be provided with blinded applications and rubric sheets (in the majority of cases), and will typically have 7-10 days to review 2-10 brief applications and return results. If you are interested, please send your name and email address to email@example.com before 5/13/17.
Please note: this is FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED, you will be notified if your name is submitted to AMTA.
Judy Engel, MM, MT-BC
Cultural Intersections in Music Therapy: Music, Health, and the Person—Book launchCo-editors: Annette Whitehead-Pleaux, MA, MT-BC and Xueli Tan, PhD, MT-BC
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Washburn Lounge, Brattle Campus (10 Phillips Place, Cambridge)
· This is the first comprehensive textbook on multicultural dimensions of music therapy. The editors pass the literary microphone to the authors—all music therapists who have found belonging and identity in diverse cultures. The authors examine how music therapy is relevant within an individual’s cultural context through personal and scholarly explorations. The chapters are separated into three sections: 1) understanding oppression and bias; 2) minority cultures within North America; and 3) inclusive music therapy practice and education. This focused examination prompts the reader to listen to myriad minority voices and engage in cultural dialogues. Light refreshments will be served. Copies of the book will be available for purchase, or you may review and purchase the book at http://www.barcelonapublishers.com/multicultural-intersections-music-health-the-person
· TO RSVP, please visit https://cultural-intersections-in-music-therapy-book.eventbrite.com
I am running a special 5-day spring sale to boost the fundraiser sales! I’ve created an event on Facebook which people can find here:
The details for the event are as follows:
During this 5 Day Spring Sale my Barefoot Books customers will get 20% off all purchases! This event is a double fundraiser!!
1. 30% of all proceeds will be donated to the New England Music Therapy Membership Support Program. This program supports music therapists by funding continuing education, and professional association memberships which allow music therapists to access many resources for their professional work. #dogood #giveback
2. For every customer purchase of $60 or more, Barefoot Books will donate a book to an organization that supports and empowers children on the autism spectrum. #AutismAwareness #AutismAcceptance #AutismMonth#inclusion #royalblueforautismawareness
*Between Friday April 21st and Tuesday April 24th, Customers may purchase Barefoot Book items from my personal inventory which I will post in this event. Customers may also purchase any items from our new Spring/Summer catalog. All customers will get 20% off.
*Shipping rates apply and I will post the shipping rate table on the event page.
*Shipping will be waived for customers who purchase items from my personal inventory AND who can pick up their purchases at The Sonatina Center in Dover, NH.
*TO SHOP: Customers can first view my in-stock item photos in the event page and comment “SOLD” on items they wish to purchase. I will also provide a link to view the spring/summer catalog. For catalog purchases, customers can send Marissa’s Barefoot Bookshelf a private message with their selections. I will be in touch about shipping rates and to collect shipping addresses. Customers may order from both the in-stock inventory AND the catalog. Following our conversation, customers will receive their invoices.
The catalog link is:
(Customers do need to send me a Facebook message or email to place their order – I will be placing it for them so I can apply a 20% off discount. If they shop online on their own, they will not receive this discount!)
*Also, SPECIAL OFFER: Customers who book an online or in-person event with me in May will receive a $15 Amazon giftcard! Message me to schedule your event!
Are you passionate about music therapy and feel confident about your skills? Are you interested in working with many different types of clients?
We are seeking music therapists with diverse skills and experience to join our dynamic team of community music therapists. We have:
* Part-time developing to full-time hours are available in the North Shore
* Part-time hours are available in South Shore/Fall River area
* Part-time hours (possibly all on a Saturday) are available in Central Massachusetts (Springfield area).
The positions include:
* Planning, organizing and leading goal driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations. * Documenting all music therapy sessions, client communications, and required periodic reports in our HIPAA Compliant electronic documentation system
We offer a competative wage, paid training and supervision time, mileage reimbursement for sessions, ongoing continuing education (including earning CBMT Credits through Roman Music Therapy Services), and working in a large team of music therapists.
Check us out at:
Contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roman Music Therapy Services
333 North Ave. Wakefield, MA 01880
Telephone – 781-224-3300
Brookline Music School, a private, nonprofit community school for the arts, seeks a part-time music therapist to:
– provide music therapy sessions for clients with a range of needs; and
– teach piano to children with exceptionalities as part of BMS’s Piano for All Children program.
The successful applicant will have:
– current MT-BC status or pass the exam within three months of hire;
– experience with a broad range of clients, particularly children with ASD and other developmental needs;
– excellent clinical musicianship; and
– well-established piano technique and skills necessary to teach beginning piano to children with exceptionalities.
Schedule: This position is for a music therapist who is available to work at Brookline Music School’s Kennard Road location on Sundays, and ideally the flexibility to work other days as the position grows.
Brookline Music School offers competitive hourly compensation, regular supervision from an MT-BC, and ongoing opportunities for professional development. Please see www.bmsmusic.org for further information about the school.
To Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of references with email and telephone contact information to email@example.com with the job title in the subject heading. Applicants should be prepared to give a short musical proficiency demonstration using voice with piano and/or guitar. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Review of applicants will begin immediately
We are happily making music In Wakefield. Whether you followed our move from Melrose or have yet to see our new home, we are opening our doors on Saturday, April 8th to show off our new space! Pop in any time between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on the 8th to tour our new reception area and studio. Our open house will also be a fantastic time to connect with old friends or learn more about all the wonderful services we offer here at Roman Music Therapy!
While our formal ribbon cutting, which happened with representatives from the Chamber, took place on January 30th, this will be an opportunity to welcome the community to our accessible, great new location!
We hope you’ll join us for light refreshments, conversation and of course – music – on April 8th!
There is ample parking behind our building and the lot is off of Yale street. We are located on the first floor, through the glass door and down the hallway. Keep an eye out for the balloons!
Hope to see you all at our Open House on April 8th!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 781-224-3300.
Thank you so much for your help!
Meredith R. Pizzi, MPA, MT-BC
Founder and Executive Director
Roman Music Therapy Services, LLC
333 North Ave, First Floor, Wakefield, MA 01880
Making Music – Transforming Lives