Infinity is looking for a board certified music therapist to join our team immediately. We are looking for a clinician who is passionate about working with individuals with developmental, neurological, and mental health needs. We are looking for a a therapist who is an out of the box thinker who is able to work independently and collaborate as part of a team. We would prefer a clinician with experience working with individuals with Autism, Down Syndrome, Anxiety Disorders, Epilepsy, and Reactive Attachment Disorder.
Hours: The total number of hours is to be determined as clients return for the school year but will likely be 20-26hrs a week, growing to 40hrs/ week for the right clinician. Our clinicians who have started at part-time are typically at or above 30hrs/week within 6-months if they are looking for a full-time schedule. (Please note that our part-time staff receive benefits including health insurance reimbursement)
Schedule: This position will include daytime, afternoon, and evening hours based upon the needs of our clients. This position will be a 5-day work week with 2 consecutive days off. The exact days will be determined based upon client need as we move into the school year schedule. We are able to offer some flexibility with scheduling for the right candidate. We are looking for someone with some flexibility as their schedule is being developed. The vast majority of our clients request services between 3:00pm-7:00pm at night during the week or on 9:30am-4:30pm on the weekends. As a member of our team, you will be expected to attend team meetings at our Southington clinic on Tuesday mornings from 9:15am-11:15am.
Location: This caseload will be primarily stationed in Fairfield county. We work in a team-based model. You may be asked to work outside of your region during one-time events, to sub for a therapist, or for various other regions. We believe in keeping caseloads condensed, when possible, to minimize driving.
Salary: Following a training period at a competitive hourly rate, you will be transitioned to a salaried schedule. Our full-time salary starts at $40k/yr plus benefits; part-time staff are paid a proportionate salary to the schedule. At Infinity, we believe in financial stability for our team. Our team members receive their full salary regardless of inclement weather closings, client cancellations, or holidays impacting their schedule.
Responsibilities: As a member of our team, you will be expected to provide individual and group music therapy sessions to children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological needs, wellness needs, etc. You will be expected to write treatment plans, keep accurate data, write clinical reports, and ensure that client schedules are maintained. You will participate in treatment team meetings, assist with team functions including marketing events, and complete general administrative tasks such as keeping your timesheet and maintaining client budget spreadsheets. In addition, you may be asked to fulfill non-clinical responsibilities such as teaching music lessons or providing music enrichment groups.
Benefits: We are proud to offer our employees a variety of benefits. At Infinity, we believe in opportunities for growth and we look to increase benefits for our staff as their caseload grows and they dedicate time to Infinity. Our benefits include:
• Professional liability insurance
• Comprehensive lending library of materials including guitars, drums, tambourines, shakers, ukuleles, boomwhackers, jingle bells, rhythm sticks, children’s books, clinical books, music books, keyboards, and so much more
• Monthly self-care workshops
• Access to group rates for AFLAC
• Health Insurance Reimbursement
• Stipend for continuing education (typically a VIP subscription to Music Therapy Ed)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays falling on a regular workday
• Paid leave for continuing education
• Group and individual supervision
• CBMT Maintenance Fees
• CMTE tracking assistance
• Work Cell Phone
• Office and art supplies to create visuals
• Opportunities for growth including merit bonuses, being able to represent Infinity as a presenter at local and national conferences, assisting in designing programs, supervising interns, pay raises, promotions
This position is for you if….
• You have experience working with children and adults with developmental disabilities.
• You love getting feedback (how else do we grow?)
• You love giving feedback to others and growing as a team
• You are confident in your music skills and counseling skills
• A full inbox is a nightmare! You are quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls
• You are comfortable commuting to your sessions and you have reliable transportation
• You are committed to growing your clinical skills
• You can effectively communicate in written and spoken English
• You are a flexible, go with the flow type of person
• You’re not afraid to ask questions
• You are a strong clinical writer
We definitely want to hear from you if…
• You are comfortable using sign language within music therapy
• You have experience teaching adaptive music lessons
• You speak Spanish
• You have been trained in music therapy assisted childbirth or are interested in pursuing the training
• You are able to balance your work and your personal life and actively utilize self-care strategies
• You have a sense of humor
• You understand the demands of private practice
This position is NOT for you if…
• You constantly have “last minute” things that pop up
• The thought of asking a question to a supervisor makes you nervous
• You are not comfortable with traveling to your appointments
• You are not willing to commit to a year of service. (Honestly, we need someone to grow with us that we can help support professionally and who wants to make a strong difference in our clients lives)
• You are disorganized
• You are frequently late and struggle with time management
• You are at a loss for words when confrontation occurs
• You believe private practice is a “starter job”.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position can also be directed to the same email account or you can contact her at (860) 518-5557.
• Cover Letter: Please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice, your available start date, your availability for sessions, and what populations you are comfortable serving
• Current Resume: please include information about the clientele you have served at any sites you have worked at
• A paragraph of what you expect from a supervisor
• A typed sample 45-min session plan for an 8-year-old with Autism who loves Disney with a focus on verbal communication skills. Please include two goals with two objectives each.
• A typed sample 45-min session plan for a group of 15-year old adolescents in therapy for anger management. Please include two goals with two objectives each.
• A video demonstrating your vocal and guitar skills.