The Manchester Community Music School is seeking a Board-Certified Music Therapist to join its growing Community Music Therapy Practice.
The Manchester Community Music School serves over 1,500 individuals each year through a wide range of programs including private lessons, early childhood classes, group classes, the largest ensemble program north of Boston, an extensive community outreach program providing music education and music therapy services to area schools and youth serving organizations, and a well-established music therapy program. The Music School is seeking enthusiastic Board-Certified Music Therapists from diverse backgrounds with skills and experiences to share both in therapeutic practice, and within our professional peer supervision model.
- BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency from an accredited Music
- Completion of internship/clinical training hours, and Board-Certification exam with MT-BC
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical musicianship on guitar, piano, percussion and
- Driver’s license in good standing with willingness to travel independently to off-site locations in
the surrounding Manchester, NH area.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as a Music Therapist, either professional or internship
- Strengths in developmentally appropriate practices, decision making, written communication,
and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of third-party billing and use of Medicaid in music therapy reimbursement a plus!
- Design and implement music therapy sessions and groups based on client and family goals and
- Monitor client progress and create/provide appropriate documentation based on requirements
of the location or agency where therapy is received.
- Communicate with the families and or agencies involved in the ongoing care of music therapy
clientele, and provide all documentation as needed within required time periods. Communicate
any changes in service delivery or client status to Director of Music Therapy immediately.
- Maintain your MT-BC credential in good standing through ongoing continued education and
- Advocate for music therapy services and the clients of those served by music therapists in the
greater community and educate MCMS partners, stakeholders, other professionals, and families.
- Engage in clinical supervision experiences and meetings within the MCMS Music Therapy
We are welcoming new and well-seasoned board-certified Music Therapy professionals to join the well- establishedMusicTherapyDepartm
Within our department at the Manchester Community Music School, we have 3 music therapy studio spaces for on-site individual sessions, as well as “NH’s first” Community Music School Sensory Room, and offices for our staff. Larger spaces within our Music School allow room for groups of various sizes. Our on-site instrument library is healthy and plentiful! Our department currently serves 9 school districts and partners with multiple community organizations whose work is with persons of various ages and cultures, having diverse needs and circumstances. We are seeking to grow our programming based on the needs we are identifying through ongoing communication with our local community partnerships. This is why we may need YOU!
- Hourly rate $18 – $38 commensurate with experience
- Mileage Reimbursement at the current IRS rate
- Reimbursement of Travel Time
- Flexible Schedule/Hours
- 25% employee discount for all MCMS lessons, ensembles and classes for ongoing learning and
- Financial assistance for ongoing professional development
- Health insurance is available for individuals working more than 15 hours per week
Resumes emailed to: