Job Purpose Summary:
To provide exceptional music therapy services to groups and individuals
• Planning, organizing and leading goal driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations
• Documenting all music therapy sessions and client communications in format provided by RMTS in BestNotes CRM
• Assessing new clients and groups and developing treatment plan within 3 sessions using the assessment format provided by RMTS in BestNotes
• Communicate client progress through periodic written reports as required by contracting agency, ie. Quarterly Reports, Annual Reviews, etc.
• Collaborate with other members of treatment teams, including family members and staff when applicable
• Communicate with Clinical Director of RMTS on a regular and on-going basis regarding client progress, issues, and questions
• Participate in scheduled supervision with Clinical Director of RMTS on an as-needed basis
• Submit required paperwork within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans
• Enter all billable hours on Minute 7 at the end of each day
• Provide feedback on all RMTS forms and documentation to keep the forms up-to-date with current client needs
• Direct requests for information regarding music therapy and music therapy services with the contact information for RMTS using available printed and website materials
• Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
• Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences
BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy with completed 1040 hours of clinical training and Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC.) Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation.
Must have a reliable car and current driver’s license
Hours and Pay Range:
Part Time Fee For Service Employees will work an average of 1-16 hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience.
On-site at Roman Music Therapy Services in Melrose, MA and off site visits in the surrounding Greater Boston, Metro West , South Shore and North Shore areas through contracts with schools, community programs, agencies, and individual families.
Position Reports to:
Clinical Director, Roman Music Therapy Services
The Mission of Roman Music Therapy Services is to provide exceptional music therapy services to individuals, schools, and agencies in the Greater Boston, Metro West, South Shore and North Shore Areas and to serve as a resource for the community concerning music used for healthy growth and development.
333 North Avenue Wakefield MA 01880 ~ phone 781.224.3300 fax 781.224.3306
RomanMusicTherapy.com MAKING MUSIC ~ TRANSFORMING LIVES SproutingMelodies.com