Position Title: Music Therapist
Reports To: CEO
Summary of the Opportunity:
Capital Music Therapy Services, LLC (www.capitalmts.com) is a hard-working, innovative, and fast-growing private practice located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. Our mission is to help all people reach their full potential with the amazing and transformative assistance of music therapy. Our team is passionate about achieving this mission and dedicated to offering world-class services to our local community. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join us. This position is full-time with benefits starting as soon as possible. The deadline for application submission is 5:00 pm EST on Friday, September 13th, 2019.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The clients on this caseload are a true mix. It is currently comprised of clinic-based music therapy (primarily to children with various disabilities), community-based groups for typically developing children between the ages of 0-4, and older adults in assisted living facilities. This position requires flexibility and eagerness to serve all people, especially those with disabilities. Not all people in our community have the ability to come to see us in our clinic space. Therefore, applicants must be willing to drive all around the greater Washington D.C. metropolitan area as needed in our efforts to help all people access music therapy (although the bulk of this caseload is located in Northern Virginia). This position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate and work with a highly talented team of music therapists in a fast-paced environment. This position is also responsible for attending weekly meetings, clinical supervision, professional development, marketing events, and other duties as assigned.
● Manage all aspects of delivering exceptional services to a mixed caseload of clinic, home, and facility-based individual and group clients.
● Keep existing and future customers extraordinarily happy and excited about our services.
● Manage special projects as assigned and see to it they are completed to a high level of quality on or before deadlines.
● Contribute significant value to the growth and development of our company, including marketing and sales efforts.
● Collaborate well with team members in program planning and service delivery.
The applicant must be a current board-certified music therapist with reliable transportation and adequate automobile insurance. We are looking for an individual who is EXTREMELY passionate about music therapy, serving others, and creating world-class services! If you possess a strong passion for music therapy, serving others, and are willing to make a significant contribution to an exciting and ever-growing music therapy team, then we would like to invite you to take advantage of this opportunity and apply.
The $0 Cost of Being a Music Therapist Compensation and Benefits Plan:
Our innovative $0 Cost of Being a Music Therapist Compensation and Benefits Plan aims to decrease the out-of-pocket expenses that most music therapists regularly incur to as close to $0 per year as possible. This way the compensation that our team members receive for their service and time is a true blessing of profitability as fruits for their labor. Details include:
● $52,400/year in monetary compensation (base salary of $50,000/year + $200/month mileage reimbursement).
● Eligibility for health, dental, and vision insurance after the initial 90 days of employment
● Up to 80 hours of accrued paid time off that begin accruing right away.
● 8 additional paid time off holidays per year:
○ New Year’s Day
○ Memorial Day (3 day weekend)
○ Independence Day
○ Labor Day (3 day weekend)
○ Thanksgiving Day & Following Friday
○ Christmas Eve & Day
● Provision of a personal instrument set plus access to the company collection
● Provision of an iPad with unlimited data
● Weekly professional development meeting
● Weekly clinical supervision
● Access to the company’s expansive research and resource library (Over 4,500 full-text articles and many books)
Deferred Compensation Available After 1st Year Anniversary:
● Annual pay raise based on job performance
● Increase in PTO accrual rate
● Paid registration and hotel for 1 music therapy conference per year
● Paid CBMT fees and AMTA membership dues
Interested applicants should email their resume along with a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org and then fill out the online application form by clicking here. Any additional questions can be directed to Josh Schrader at email@example.com or 301-785-3596.