Archive for Events
Announcing a Level 1 Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music Training in Litchfield Connecticut on August 4th-7th (http://wisdomhouse.org/index.php). Primary trainer Madelaine Ventre and Assistant Trainer, Michael Viega. Contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org June 6th if interested and for more information.
Cultural Intersections in Music Therapy: Music, Health, and the Person—Book launchCo-editors: Annette Whitehead-Pleaux, MA, MT-BC and Xueli Tan, PhD, MT-BC
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Washburn Lounge, Brattle Campus (10 Phillips Place, Cambridge)
· This is the first comprehensive textbook on multicultural dimensions of music therapy. The editors pass the literary microphone to the authors—all music therapists who have found belonging and identity in diverse cultures. The authors examine how music therapy is relevant within an individual’s cultural context through personal and scholarly explorations. The chapters are separated into three sections: 1) understanding oppression and bias; 2) minority cultures within North America; and 3) inclusive music therapy practice and education. This focused examination prompts the reader to listen to myriad minority voices and engage in cultural dialogues. Light refreshments will be served. Copies of the book will be available for purchase, or you may review and purchase the book at http://www.barcelonapublishers.com/multicultural-intersections-music-health-the-person
· TO RSVP, please visit https://cultural-intersections-in-music-therapy-book.eventbrite.com
We are happily making music In Wakefield. Whether you followed our move from Melrose or have yet to see our new home, we are opening our doors on Saturday, April 8th to show off our new space! Pop in any time between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on the 8th to tour our new reception area and studio. Our open house will also be a fantastic time to connect with old friends or learn more about all the wonderful services we offer here at Roman Music Therapy!
While our formal ribbon cutting, which happened with representatives from the Chamber, took place on January 30th, this will be an opportunity to welcome the community to our accessible, great new location!
We hope you’ll join us for light refreshments, conversation and of course – music – on April 8th!
There is ample parking behind our building and the lot is off of Yale street. We are located on the first floor, through the glass door and down the hallway. Keep an eye out for the balloons!
Hope to see you all at our Open House on April 8th!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 781-224-3300.
Thank you so much for your help!
Meredith R. Pizzi, MPA, MT-BC
Founder and Executive Director
Roman Music Therapy Services, LLC
333 North Ave, First Floor, Wakefield, MA 01880
Making Music – Transforming Lives
PLENARY SESSION: THE CURRENT CLIMATE OF MULTICULTURALISM: MUSIC THERAPY WITH DIVERSE POPULATIONS IN 2017 AMERICA
We invite you to attend a plenary session at the NER-AMTA Conference on Friday, from 5:15-6:15 pm. The following questions will be part of a panel and audience discussion as we reflect on our profession, our personal biases and our desire to be effective and inclusive Music Therapists.
- In your ideal world, what does diversity look like in music therapy?(consider yourself, your colleagues, your clients, NER-AMTA, AMTA)
- Please describe a music therapy experience in which diversity was honored. (a session with client/(s), work experience, conference experience, etc.)
- Please describe a music therapy experience in which diversity was compromised.
- What does diversity in our profession look like now?
- What would it take to make sure diversity is valued in our profession?
Audience will be invited to share, question panel, etc. challenges and solutions
There is a tingling of excitement in the air as we arrange the final touches on this year’s conference. This year we will have released our conference program via PDF. Our VP elect did a BEAUTIFUL job creating this for us. I recommend downloading this to your device in a program such as iBooks (for apple devices) or Adobe Acrobat PDF (for Android Devices). If you require a print version, I suggest downloading it on your device now and print it out.
Need more guidance? I created a handy video tutorial especially for you! So check it out for download instructions and a sneak peek of guidebook. If you need further assistance with android devices, try this link or visit me at the registration desk and we can troubleshoot together. As always, if you require assistance with other technology related matters, you can contact me.
Looking forward to sea-ing you in Newport!
Cassandra Mulcahy, MMT, MT-BC
NER-AMTA Solutionist and Webmistress
Hello All!We are excitedly counting down the days when we will all be together in Newport! The Hotel Viking is thrilled to have us back and promises to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
REMINDER – THINGS TO KNOW, THINGS TO BRING:
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
Guest accommodations will be available at 4:00 pm on arrival day and reserved until 11:00 am on departure day. Any attendee wishing special consideration for late checkout should inquire at the front desk on the day of departure.
The Spa at the hotel is offering our attendees a discount, so make your reservations as soon as possible!
A 20% discount on spa services in SpaFjor with be offered on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 and Thursday, March 30, 2017 and a 10% discount on spa services will be offered on Friday, March 31, 2017 and Saturday, April 1, 2017. Guests may contact SpaFjor at 401-848-4848 and should identify themselves as part of the group at the time of booking.
The Hotel is also offering our group complementary parking.
Don’t forget to bring your appetite – we provide breakfast on Friday and Saturday, and of course our Business Lunch on Friday.
Bring your instruments!!! Along with you sharing your music at the Cabaret, we will have a drum circle on Friday after dinner led by our wonderful Lauren Caso – please bring along a drum for this event, or buy a new one from Tom at Mud Pie!
If you’re wanting to participate in Krystal’s Yoga Session you may want to bring along a yoga mat.
Our 2017 NER-AMTA Conference is sure to be a wonderful event! We hope you have safe travels to Newport and we will see you there!
Meg & Courtney
Hello NER –
We have good news: The Hotel Viking is willing to give us a bit of a break while they have rooms available, but you’ll have to act quickly…
Although we’ve past the deadline for our guaranteed discount, Thursday is open for the rate of $119.00!! There are rooms available for our members.
Friday and Saturday are very limited with a higher rate of $179. and up. If anyone still needs a room they can email Krista, she is offering an additional 10% discount and is willing to work with whoever needs a room at an affordable rate. Just email email@example.com and ask for help in reserving a room for the NER Music Therapy Conference.