We invite you to attend a plenary session at the NER-AMTA Conference on Friday, from 5:15-6:15 pm. The following questions will be part of a panel and audience discussion as we reflect on our profession, our personal biases and our desire to be effective and inclusive Music Therapists.
- In your ideal world, what does diversity look like in music therapy?(consider yourself, your colleagues, your clients, NER-AMTA, AMTA)
- Please describe a music therapy experience in which diversity was honored. (a session with client/(s), work experience, conference experience, etc.)
- Please describe a music therapy experience in which diversity was compromised.
- What does diversity in our profession look like now?
- What would it take to make sure diversity is valued in our profession?
Audience will be invited to share, question panel, etc. challenges and solutions