Now hiring a part-time music therapist!Sing Explore Create, LLC has an immediate opening for a part-time, (growing to a full-time benefits eligible position) board-certified music therapist. The majority of client hours will take place in South Shore and South Coast of MA (Plymouth, Middleboro, New Bedford, Taunton, and surrounding towns). Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a music therapy private practice and arts studio. We provide music therapy services in our studios, as well as on-site at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond. In addition, we have a team of teachers who provide music and art lessons and recreational classes in-studio and at other locations. While this position is for a full-time music therapist, teaching private lessons (including adapted lessons) may be an option if the candidate is interested (not required). There is real opportunity for growth in this position, as we are consistently expanding our practice and the list of agencies and facilities we work with. Hired candidate will have the opportunity to continue to mold the position to meet his/her professional goals and work with his/her preferred client population. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week (10-12 client hours per week)
Pay: Salaried position
• Worker’s compensation
• Liability Insurance
• Professional Liability Insurance
• CBMT annual dues
• Assistance in obtaining CMTEs
• Paid time off + certain paid holidays
• Health Insurance Benefits will become available as position grows into full-time 40 hours per week (20-22 client hours per week)
• Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients.
• Strong music skills (especially guitar and voice)
• Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment to a variety of clients
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Pass a CORI background check
• Follow American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) standards of practice.
• Maintain board certification by CBMT and comply with continuing education requirements. Some assistance will be given by Sing Explore Create, LLC for this.
• Provide a minimum of 10 direct client contact service hours per week in the South Shore and South Coast regions of MA. As the position grows, additional direct client hours will take place in these regions as well.
• Provide 1:1 music therapy and group music therapy sessions to clients in accordance with their treatment plans.
• Provide recreational music groups when necessary.
• Complete and document intakes, assessments, and client sessions for music therapy clients.
• Maintain documentation for music therapy clients, utilizing Sing Explore Create, LLC’s documentation system, including weekly session notes, as well as written progress reports as frequently as deemed necessary in individual client’s treatment plans.
• Effectively communicate with parents/clients regarding treatment plans, sessions, scheduling, etc.
• Complete client attendance record logs to be turned into the director.
• Attend staff meetings and participate in monthly supervision meetings.
• Assist in developing new music therapy contracts and partnerships between Sing Explore Create, LLC and agencies, hospitals, schools, and related facilities throughout the community.
• Assist in program development needs as they arise.
• Present in-services to current and prospective clients as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
• Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
• Document hours and work completed each week.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com
1. Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time
3. 3 references
Job Title: Board-Certified Music Therapist
Job posting url:
Organization: Sing Explore Create, LLC
Short Job Description
Detailed Job Description (including starting date, salary, hours and benefits)
Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients.
Strong music skills (especially guitar and voice)
Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment to a variety of clients
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and with a team
Pass a CORI background check
Application and Contact Information
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting Category: children and adults with developmental disabilities and cognitive delays, adults with alzheimers/dementia
Facility Name/Location Name
28 Webster St.
Rockland, MA 02370