The Manchester Community Music School serves over 1,200 students
each year through a wide array of high quality music programs, including private lessons, music therapy, early childhood, Suzuki, summer camps,
NH Youth Ensemble Program, and community music programs.
Our Music Therapists provide in-house MT services and also work in partnership with public schools, assisted living facilities, adult day programs, afterschool programs, and hospitals in Manchester and surrounding communities.
We are excited that our Music Therapy Program is growing and we are looking for Board Certified Music Therapists to join our great team!
This part-time (hourly) position has the potential for increasing hours as our program continues to expand and new contracts develop.
Interested and qualified individuals must be comfortable working
independently and with one or more of the client groups listed below:
– Children (preschool, elementary, middle school age) in public school settings (group and/or individual sessions.)
– Children, teens, and young adults in individual and/or group sessions at the Manchester Community Music School
– Children/youth in hospital and/or other community settings
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Planning, organizing, and leading goal focused music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities,
and needs in a variety of locations
– Documenting all music therapy sessions and client communications, and completing required periodic reports
– Collaborating with other members of treatment teams, including family members and staff when applicable
– Communicating with MCMS MT Department staff on a regular and on-going basis regarding client progress, issues, and questions
Hours could include daytime, afterschool, and/or evening times.
Reliable transportation is required as this position involves travel in Manchester and southern New Hampshire communities.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Barbara Scott, Director of Music Therapy
Manchester Community Music School
2291 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03104
Changing lives through the power of learning, sharing and making music.