Planning and conducting data-based music therapy services at School partnerships in Greater Cleveland Ohio and at The Music Settlement (TMS) University Circle and Ohio City campuses.
Center for Music Therapy (CMT) provides clinical music therapy services for adults, teens, and children with physical, cognitive, developmental, or multiple disabilities, mental health concerns, and trauma informed care in outreach settings and at The Music Settlement. Each music therapist is an employee of The Music Settlement and is a member of an experienced team of music therapists. The department provides a selection of musical instruments and equipment, access to audio/visual equipment, computers, and a music therapy library. As an approved provider of Continuing Music Therapy Education credits through the Certification Board for Music Therapists, the Center offers a program of relevant workshops and in-service training.
Present assignments include providing school-based music therapy services for Step Forward Head Start and Early Head Start in the greater Cleveland area, as well as, providing private and/or group music therapy sessions on site at TMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Music Therapist-Board-Certified (MT-BC)
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral, data-based approach
- Experience on an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary team
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a car for transportation to work sites
- Minimum of one to two years’ professional experience as a music therapist
For inquiries or if interested in applying, please send cover letter with current resume to: Anne M. Reed, Clinical Supervisor, Center for Music Therapy, The Music Settlement, 11125 Magnolia Drive, Cleveland, OH 44106 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.