Title: Music Therapist (Part-Time)
Summary of Position:
The music therapist will provide quality music therapy services in the Greater Boston area to individual clients of all ages and groups. Populations served include individuals experiencing autism spectrum disorder, mental health challenges, Alzheimer’s and dementia disorders, emotional/intellectual disabilities, neurological disorders, physical challenges, medical illness, social and learning challenges.
Status: Part-time (8-15 hours, week days).
There is the potential to increase hours.
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Music Therapy
Works Closely With: Director of Music Therapy, Music Therapists,
Registrar and Assistant Registrar
· Provide music therapy services to in-house clients and to outreach agency groups. Sessions are provided in individual and group settings
· Communicate with client families and other interdisciplinary team members regarding client progress
· Communicate with front office staff about intake schedules and room usage
· Complete client intake documents, weekly progress notes, quarterly progress reports, and annual agency profiles
· Attend department staff meetings, participate in supervision, presenting in-services and attending community events as a representative of CMCB
· Provide supervision for Berklee College of Music – Music Therapy students
· Clinical experience with children and adults with developmental disabilities is preferred
· Experience with a variety of populations including autism, behavioral needs, intellectual disabilities and geriatric service.
· Proficiency of clinical musicianship on guitar, piano, and vocal skills are important
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Valid driver’s license (dependable vehicle strongly suggested)
· Must be able to effectively communicate with other professionals, conduct assessments, plan, organize, lead music therapy sessions, document, and evaluate treatment
· Works well and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to create a culturally competent and inclusive environment
· Flexible and comfortable in different clinical settings and work environments
· Ability to adapt clinical work to different agency, group and individual client needs
· Ability to recognize a problem or potential challenge.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
· MT-BC required through CBMT
· Must have received music therapy accreditation prior to September 1st, 2017
· Complies with rules and regulations of the Certification Board for Music Therapists
· Maintains MT-BC status by completing 100 hours of continuing music therapy education credits or taking the Board Certification Examination once every 5 years
· Requires physical stamina to transport, lift and distribute instruments
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Christopher Perry, Director of Music Therapy at http://cmcb.mytribehr.com/careers/view/61
Please no calls, walk-ins, or emails.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
ABOUT COMMUNITY MUSIC CENTER OF BOSTON
Founded in 1910, Community Music Center of Boston (www.cmcb.org) is an accredited non-profit music school in Boston’s South End. Our mission to transform lives throughout Greater Boston, by providing equitable access to excellent music education and powerful arts experiences. The Music Center serves more than 5,000 students each week, on-site at our South End facility in the Boston Center for the Arts and in more than 40 outreach locations, including public schools, community/senior centers, and medical facilities. We are the largest external provider of arts education in the Boston Public Schools. Core Music Center programs include individual and group instruction in more than 25 instruments; outreach instruction in Boston Public Schools; an Intensive Study Project providing private instruction, theory and performances to prepare students for college-level study; early childhood programs; and music therapy for individuals with a wide range of physical, cognitive, emotional and/or social life needs.
Community Music Center of Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.