Organization: Sing Explore Create, LLC
Location: Rockland, MA and surrounding areas (must be willing to travel throughout South Shore and beyond)
Start Date: June 2018
Job Type: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Pay: Salaried position
Sing Explore Create, LLC has an immediate opening for a full-time board-certified music therapist. The majority of client hours will take place in the South Shore and surrounding areas south of Boston, including some clinic hours in our studio. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a music therapy private practice and arts studio. We provide music therapy services in our studios, as well as on-site at a number of schools, day habs, assisted living, hospitals, and other facilities across the South Shore and beyond. In addition, we have a team of teachers who provide music and art lessons and recreational classes in-studio and at other locations. While this position is for a full-time music therapist, teaching private lessons (including adapted lessons) may be an option if the candidate is interested (not required). There is real opportunity for growth in this position, as we are consistently expanding our practice and the list of agencies and facilities we work with. Hired candidate will have the opportunity to continue to mold the position to meet his/her professional goals and work with his/her preferred client population. Although this is a traveling position, every effort is made to minimize travel time and keep therapists working in 1 geographic location each day (some contracts require the therapist to be at one location all day). Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
• Health Insurance
• Worker’s compensation
• Liability Insurance
• Professional Liability Insurance
• CBMT annual dues
• Assistance in obtaining CMTEs
• Paid time off + certain paid holidays
• Travel Stipend
• Individual and Group Supervision
• Company-owned laptop/instruments distributed upon beginning of employment
• Access to library of music therapy resources and instruments
• Working with a strong team of music therapists and creative arts educators in collaborative environment that emphasizes active participation in supervision and sharing resources with one another!
• Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license. Willingness to travel to clients.
• Strong music skills (especially guitar and voice)
• Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment to a variety of clients
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Pass a CORI background check
• Follow American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) standards of practice.
• Maintain board certification by CBMT and comply with continuing education requirements. Some assistance will be given by Sing Explore Create, LLC for this.
• Provide a minimum of 18 direct client contact service hours per week in the South Shore and South Coast regions of MA. (Primary population is children/adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, children and adults with anxiety/ADD/ADHD, residents in memory care. Opportunities to provide perinatal music therapy services may also be available for those candidates that have the proper training/background-not a requirement).
• Provide 1:1 music therapy and group music therapy sessions to clients in accordance with their treatment plans.
• Provide recreational music groups when necessary.
• Complete and document intakes, assessments, and client sessions for music therapy clients.
• Maintain documentation for music therapy clients, utilizing Sing Explore Create, LLC’s documentation system, including weekly session notes, as well as written progress reports as frequently as deemed necessary in individual client’s treatment plans.
• Effectively communicate with parents/clients regarding treatment plans, sessions, scheduling, etc.
• Complete daily timesheets.
• Attend staff meetings and participate in monthly supervision meetings.
• Occasionally assist in developing new music therapy contracts and partnerships between Sing Explore Create, LLC and agencies, hospitals, schools, and related facilities throughout the community.
• Assist in program development needs as they arise.
• Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC.
• Document hours and work completed each week.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Interested candidates should submit the following to Nicole Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time