Join Our Team!!Infinity Music Therapy Services is looking for a talented music therapist to join our team immediately in Connecticut. We are looking for someone who is confident in their clinical and musical skills, is a team-player, is organized, and who has experience in treating individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health disorders. We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of one-year of service.
Infinity was founded in 2010. We currently have a team of six music therapists and two music teachers. Infinity believes in working hand in hand with families and agencies to build customized treatment plans for individuals and adults. We work in private homes, schools, group homes, treatment centers, and more throughout the state of Connecticut. We celebrate and support the continuing education and self-care of our staff.
About Our Open Position
Position 1: 20-25 hours/ week based primarily in New London and Windham Counties; growing to 40 hours
This position will report to our Southington clinic 1-2 times/week. We have additional hours available for the right therapist who has experience with video editing and knows the ins and outs of social media.
Salary: Competitive salary based upon experience
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, hours vary based upon client needs, therapists are paid even during client cancellations
Responsibilities: Our staff music therapists provide group and individual music therapy sessions, teach music lessons, and provide music enrichment services. Our therapists are responsible for maintaining accurate data and sessions notes, completing treatment plans, designing and implementing interventions, communicating with clients and the Infinity team, and other tasks as assigned. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English and be prompt at returning emails, calls, and texts. This position will include travel.
We are proud to offer our employees a variety of benefits including the following:
· Professional liability insurance
· Extensive lending library and instrument budget
· Work Cell Phone
· Monthly Self-Care Meetings
· Health Care Insurance
· Professional supervision
· Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
· CBMT maintenance fees
· CMTE allowance budget and CMTE tracking
· $500.00 sign on bonus
To be considered for either position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Infinity, please visit our website at www.infinitymusictherapy.com.
· Cover Letter: please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice and when you would be able to start
· 3 videos showcasing your vocal and guitar skills-please include a current song and an original song and explain how the songs would be used clinically
· A paragraph of what you expect from a music therapy supervisor
· A sample session plan for a 8 year old child with special needs with a focus on expressive communication, attention to task, and social skills (please include at least two goals with two objectives each)