We are looking for a board-certified music therapist to join our team at Infinity Music Therapy Services in Connecticut. Are you a creative clinician with a passion for working with children and adults with developmental disabilities and mental health disorders. Do you enjoy working with a variety of clientele and appreciate the opportunity to exercise your clinical skills in diverse settings? Are you a team player that is open to collaborating with other music therapists on your cases and who is confident in their clinical, musical, and professional skills? Is so, this is the position for you to learn and grow in!
Infinity was founded in 2010 by Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC out of the desire to build services with the mindset that the possibilities for treatment and growth are endless. In 2012 we started a job shadow program for high school and college students to explore the field of music therapy. In 2013 we opened a clinic while continuing to offer services in the community. Infinity believes in working hand in hand with families and agencies to build customized treatment plans for individuals and adults. We work in private homes, schools, group homes, treatment centers, and more throughout the state of Connecticut serving hundreds of clients weekly. We believe in providing opportunities for individuals with special needs to access the community and we engage in service projects. We also celebrate and support the continuing education and self-care of our staff.
About Our Open Position
Hours: 20-25 hours/ week open immediately. This position will be Sunday-Thursday and will include daytime, afternoon, and evening hours. Most of our clients are seen between 3:30-7:30 PM. This position requires flexibility in order to meet the needs of our clients. (This position is expected to grow to 40hrs in 6months or less. The last 2 PT positions became FT within 2 months).
Location: This position will be split between 2 regions in CT including Eastern CT and Hartford County. You will be expected to report to our main clinic 1-2x per week. You will be assisting our team in growing sessions out of our Groton office.
Pay: This position will start hourly during a training period of 4-8weeks and will be salaried at the completion of training. We offer a competitive salary and benefits that grow with your caseload.
Responsibilities: You will provide group and individual music therapy sessions for children and adults with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and wellness needs. In addition, you will also be responsible for teaching music lessons to individuals with and without disabilities and designing music enrichment services. You will be expected to maintain accurate data and sessions notes, complete treatment plans, design and implement interventions, communicate with clients and the Infinity team, and perform other tasks as assigned. Our entire team participates in individual and group supervision, marketing events, and other activities as assigned. You will be responsible for traveling to your clients. Travel time is reimbursed at your full hourly rate.
To be eligible for this position you must:
• Be currently board-certified or able to obtain your certification during your training period
• Have strong guitar and vocal skills
• Have a minimum of one-year experience working with individuals with Autism
• Be an out-of-the-box thinker
• Be willing to commit to a minimum of one-year employment
• Have strong clinical writing skills
• Be able to communicate effectively in English
• Be willing to receive and give supervision
• Be comfortable speaking about and explaining music therapy
• Have reliable transportation and who understands that this position REQUIRES travel
We would prefer….
• Someone who is fluent in Spanish
• Someone who uses sign language in their work and is comfortable using new signs
• A therapist trained in music therapy assisted childbirth or willing to be trained
• Someone with a minimum of one-year experience working in mental health populations
• Someone who is used to traveling for their job
We proudly offer benefits to our part-time and full-time employees. Some benefits increase with caseload size. We offer the following benefits:
• Professional liability insurance
• Extensive lending library
• Instrument Allowance Budget
• Work Cell Phone
• Monthly Self-Care Meetings
• Health Care Insurance
• Professional supervision
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Leave for Conference
• CBMT maintenance fees
• CMTE allowance budget
• CMTE tracking assistance
• CBMT Maintenance Fee Reimbursement
Infinity reimburses for commute to and from work, commute between clients, supervision time, team-meetings, planning, documentation, etc.
To be considered for either position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Infinity, please visit our website at www.infinitymusictherapy.com. Please include in your application materials where you heard about this position.
• Cover Letter: please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice and when you would be able to start
• Current Resume
• 3 Videos demonstrating your guitar and vocal skills with an explanation of how you would use the song in a clinical setting
◦ Video of a current song
◦ Video of a song appropriate to use with children
◦ Video of an original song
• A paragraph of what you expect from a music therapy supervisor
• A sample 30-minute session plan for a 8 year old child with special needs with a focus on expressive communication, attention to task, and social skills (please include at least two goals with two objectives each)- A good sample would give me enough information that I could implement it in a session. Please describe your interventions.
• A 30-min session plan for a teenager in a drug-alcohol rehab center with a focus on emotional expression and positive coping skills.