Falling Up Therapy Services, LLC is looking for a music therapist.
Come Join Our Team as a Music Therapist!
We are seeking novice and seasoned music therapists with socio-culturally diverse backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Bilingual music therapists are encouraged to apply.
Why work with us?
- ● Develop your skills as a music therapist
- ● Be part of a dynamic team of skilled Expressive Arts Therapists
- ● Gain experience with a diverse caseload working with adolescents with complex
disabilities and medical needs.
BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency with completed 1040 hours of clinical training and Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC.) Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation.
- ● Must have reliable transportation, valid license and proof of insurance.
- ● Experience working as a clinician with various child and adolescent populations with both severe disabilities and complex health needs using creative arts therapy techniques and practices
- ● Experience consulting with schools and other agencies, and proven ability to work effectively with educators and mental health staff
- ● Experience in child and youth development.
- ● Experience engaging with cultural responsiveness
Hours, Pay Range and Benefits:
Tuesdays 12:30 pm-2:30pm
Contractors will work an average of 2-5 hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience. Reduced rate for individual supervision offered.
- ● Planning, organizing and leading goal-driven music therapy sessions for groups with diverse skills, abilities, and needs.
- ● Documenting all music therapy sessions within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans and client communications
- ● Assessing new clients and groups to develop treatment plan
- ● Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at
- ● Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional
conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences.
- ● Adhere to AMTA standards of practice, code of ethics and professional competencies.
- ● Build and maintain rapport with families, caregivers and stakeholders through phone
and email communications, updates and/or changes in service delivery.
Falling Up Therapy Services provides on site and virtual Expressive Arts Therapy services to a variety of sites and individuals. The Carter School is a Boston Public School located on the border of Boston’s Lower Roxbury and South End neighborhoods. Ranging in age from 12 to 22, students present with both severe, intensive disabilities and complex health needs. Due to these unique challenges, each classroom is composed of five students, one teacher, and two teaching-assistants.
How to Apply
● Cover letter stating:
● Your music therapy philosophy, values and specializations
● Resume or Curriculum Vitae
● References: 2 professional references with at least one being from a clinical supervisor
If the applicant is selected for an interview, an in-person interview is preferred. If an in-person interview is not possible, a video interview can be scheduled.
Charlay Yates, MA MT-BC/NMT, LMHC
Business Owner, Falling Up Therapy Services, LLC