Come Join Our Team as a Music Therapist
Are you passionate about music therapy?
Do you enjoy working with diverse client populations?
Do you have a desire to challenge yourself and continue growing in new ways every day?
As our practice grows, we are seeking novice and seasoned music therapists with diverse backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Bilingual music therapists are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in being considered for candidacy, please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. This role will start as a part-time hourly role and has the potential to grow into a full-time salaried position.
Why work with us?
- Develop your skills as a music therapist through a variety of clinical work and supervision
- Be part of a dynamic team of skilled Music Therapists
- Benefit from both individual and group supervision on a regular basis
- Engage in professional development and continued growth and learning
- Gain experience with a diverse case load working with young children, children and adults with special needs and older adults
- Planning, organizing and leading goal-driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations
- Documenting all music therapy sessions within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans and client communications in electronic medical record system
- Assessing new clients and groups to develop treatment plan
- Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
- Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences
- Staff at least (2) two community events and (2) tabling events in a calendar year
- Engage in regular supervision with both the Clinical Supervisor and other members of the team to support them in their clinical work through our peer supervision model
- Build and maintain rapport with families, caregivers and stakeholders through phone and email communications, updates and/or changes in service delivery
Complete job description provided upon request.
BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency Degree with 1040 hours of clinical training and Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC). Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation.
Must have reliable transportation, valid license and proof of insurance.
Must be willing to travel to various sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
Must own or have access to a computer/laptop.
Hours, Pay Range and Benefits:
Part time employees will work an average of 1-16 hours a week and have an opportunity to be promoted to full time salaried staff music therapists as hours increase to a full case load. Pay will vary based on education and experience.
Benefits vary based on number of hours worked, but include professional music therapy supervision in individual and group formats, CMTE opportunities, medical benefits, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance and retirement plan with company match.
On-site at Roman Music Therapy Services in Wakefield, MA and off site visits in the surrounding Greater Boston, Metro West, South Shore and North Shore areas through contracts with schools, community programs, agencies, and individual families. Sessions may be delivered in-person or virtually.
Position Reports to:
Clinical Coordinator, Roman Music Therapy Services
To be considered for this rewarding career development opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume, in pdf format, to: email@example.com
Senior Support Specialist
Roman Music Therapy Services, LLC
333 North Ave, First Floor, Wakefield, MA 01880
781-224-3300 Office Phone
781-854-4021 Direct Line
Making Music – Transforming Lives
Celebrating 15 Years of Music Making
Watch our “Voices of Roman Music Therapy Services” Celebration Video here!