Brookline Music School, a private, nonprofit community school for the arts, seeks a part-time music therapist to:
– provide music therapy sessions for clients with a range of needs; and
– teach piano to children with exceptionalities as part of BMS’s Piano for All Children program.
The successful applicant will have:
– current MT-BC status or pass the exam within three months of hire;
– experience with a broad range of clients, particularly children with ASD and other developmental needs;
– excellent clinical musicianship; and
– well-established piano technique and skills necessary to teach piano to children with exceptionalities.
Schedule: This position is for a music therapist who is available to work at Brookline Music School’s Kennard Road location on Sundays, and ideally other days as the position grows. The start date is September 2018.
Brookline Music School offers competitive hourly compensation, regular supervision from an MT-BC, and ongoing opportunities for professional development including trainings that are often eligible for CMTEs.
To Apply: Candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of references with email and telephone contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject heading. Applicants should be prepared to give a short musical proficiency demonstration using voice with piano and/or guitar. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Review of applicants will begin immediately.