Falling Up Therapy Services is seeking novice and seasoned music therapists with socio-culturally diverse backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Bilingual music therapists are encouraged to apply.
We provide on site and virtual Expressive Arts Therapy services to the Carter School which is a Boston Public School located on the border of Boston’s Lower Roxbury and South End neighborhoods. Ranging in age from 12 to 22, students present with both severe, intensive disabilities and complex health needs. Due to these unique challenges, each classroom is composed of five students, one teacher, and two teaching-assistants.
- Planning, organizing and leading goal-driven music therapy sessions for groups with diverse skills, abilities, and needs.
- Documenting all music therapy sessions within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans and client communications
- Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
- Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences.
- Build and maintain rapport with families, caregivers and stakeholders through phone and email communications, updates and/or changes in service delivery.
Looking for an enthusiastic, and flexible applicant with a love for working with those with diverse skills and abilities. We will conduct a CORI background check, as required by law.
- BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency with completed clinical training and Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC). Willing to consider application working towards their MT-BC Certification.
- Strong knowledge of music therapy theories, techniques, and applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and establish trust with clients and families
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and thorough documentation of client progress and treatment plans
- Must have reliable transportation, valid license and proof of insurance.