The Manchester Community Music School offers a wide array of high-quality music programs, including private and adaptive lessons, music therapy, early childhood, Suzuki, summer programming, and NH Youth Ensembles, governed by the mission of Changing lives through the power of learning, sharing, and making music. We are looking for a Board Certified Music Therapist to join our MT team! Our Music Therapists provide both in-house MT services as well as maintain partnerships with public schools, adult day programs, after school programs, assisted living facilities, and hospitals throughout Southern New Hampshire. This part-time position includes a focus on one-on-one and group work. The Music Therapist in this position will have opportunities to increase clinical hours with individuals of all ages in varied settings as our program continues to expand.
Interested and qualified individuals should be comfortable working independently, in 1:1 and group sessions with individuals of all ages and all abilities, onsite at MCMS and in a variety of community settings. Schedule will include daytime, after school, and the possibility of evening hours.
Reliable transportation is required as this position involves travel in Manchester and southern New Hampshire communities.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and leading goal focused music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations.
- Documenting all music therapy sessions and client communications, and completing required periodic reports.
- Collaborating with members of treatment teams, including family members and staff
- Communication and meetings with MCMS Music Therapy Department staff on a regular and on-going basis
- We value good communication skills and time management skills to balance a busy schedule across various locations
- Proficient in database and word processing-related skills
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Shannon Laine, MT-BC, Director of Music Therapy, Early Childhood, and Adaptive Lessons
Manchester Community Music School
2291 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03104
Changing Lives through the Power of Music