Music Therapist – Fulltime position with great benefits 37.5 hours/week 1st shift; Monday to Friday
Our website states 2 years of experience, however, I will interview newly certified students. If the applicant is not able to move forward with the on-line application have them email their resume directly to me. In addition, our main office is in Leominster, MA. This is a community based program.
Come join a friendly and inclusive team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) recognizes the power of a diverse community and seeks applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a board-certified Music Therapist in Northern Worcester County, MA.
The Early Intervention (EI) team provides strength-based, family-centered services for young children under three years of age who have developmental delays or are at risk of a developmental delay. Services are designed to meet the needs of each infant or toddler, and the needs of their family. The EI team provides services in the home/community setting with the goal of enhancing the child’s physical, cognitive, communication, social-emotional and adaptive skills.
- Provides direct music therapy services and activities developmentally appropriate for children 0 – 3 and families.
- Ability to develop, promote, implement music therapy assessment and treatment interventions for children 0 – 3 and their families.
- Maintains client records and other administrative duties in accordance with MA Department of Public Health and CHL-Lipton Early Intervention policies; EICS electronic client system
- Carries out service coordination functions as defined by the Early Intervention standards.
- Conducts evaluations and other assessments.
- Facilitates music therapy groups and one-on-one interventions.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Adhere and complete all CHL’s protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and implements Individual Family Service Plans.
- Attends staff and/or region meetings as required Attends in-service education and professional meetings as required
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Assists in transition planning prior to discharge from the program.
- Maintains regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- The ability to work as a team member and/or work independently to contribute to the overall success of the program.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Early Intervention services are provided both in-person and/or by Telehealth.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
This position is production bonus eligible
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy
- MT-BC required (Board Certified Music Therapist)
- Develop, promote, implement music therapy assessment and treatment interventions for pediatric clients
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical and atypical infant/toddler development
- Demonstrate the ability to support positively clients and families
- Develop functional intervention techniques for infants and toddlers with atypical development
- Knowledge of a wide variety of creative and expressive activities that are age and developmentally appropriate
- Knowledge of individual and group behavior and in identifying alternative solutions for therapeutic sessions as needed
- Current valid US-issued driver’s license and ability to provide a registered and insured automobile for work related purposes, including travel between in-person visits/sites
- All candidates will be subject to a CORI review as outlined in the regulations set by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services. For more information, click here.