Are you a clinician who is passionate about seeing music spark a positive change in others? Are you a creative, out-of the-box thinker, who finds joy in sharing clinical ideas with others? Are you looking for a place to help you grow? If so, Infinity is looking for you! We have an immediate need for a board certified music therapist to join our team (MT-BC). We want your ideas, your energy, and passion!
Hours: This position will start at part-time approximately twenty (20) hours per week and will grow to full-time for the right candidate. The work week is comprised of direct client contact, office hours for planning and documentation, team meetings, and traveling in between clients.
Schedule: We are seeking an immediate hire. This position will include daytime, afternoon, and evening hours based upon the needs of our clients. This position will be a Tuesday- Saturdayschedule and will include a combination of morning, afternoon, and evenings. The vast majority of our clients request services between 3:00pm-7:00pm at night during the week or on 9:30am-4:30pm on the weekends. As a member of our team, you will be expected to attend team meetings at our Southington clinic on Tuesday mornings from 9:15am-11:15am. Days will vary in length.
Location: This caseload will be predominately in Fairfield County but may include sessions grouped in other areas of the state. Sessions will be held in homes, in schools, and in facilities throughout the state.
Team-based Model: Infinity works on a team-based model. We believe in coming together to make agency decisions, collaborate on cases, participate in team-trainings, and engage in self-care. This means that we co-treat on cases, any member of our team may provide supervision as requested by another member of our team, and we work collaboratively to cover cases to ensure that when a member of our team is off, they can focus 100% on self-care. A supervisor is always on call, so you will never handle tough decisions alone. Every member of our clinical team is provided a work cellphone so even if you are “alone” in the field, you are never really alone.
Salary: This position will begin hourly during an initial orientation period. Once orientation has been completed, you will be transitioned to a salaried position. Our full-time salary starts at $40k/yr plus benefits; part-time staff are paid a proportionate salary to their schedule. Salary is based on a variety of factors including experience in our target populations, advanced trainings, and other skills you may possess. We believe in financial stability for our team. Once salaried, you will receive your full salary regardless of inclement weather closings, school vacations, client cancellations, or holidays impacting their schedule. You are compensated for your planning time, commute time between clients, and even your time sanitizing/ cleaning materials. If you’re working, you should be getting paid.
Responsibilities: As a member of our team, you will be expected to provide individual and group music therapy sessions to children and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, neurological needs, wellness needs, etc. (As you grow with us, we will work hard to build your caseload with your desired populations). You will be expected to write treatment plans, keep accurate data, write clinical reports, and ensure that client schedules are maintained. You will participate in treatment team meetings, assist with team functions including marketing events, and complete general administrative tasks such as keeping your time sheet and maintaining client budget spreadsheets. In addition, you may be asked to fulfill non-clinical responsibilities such as teaching music lessons or providing music enrichment groups.
Populations/ Types of Sessions: The biggest populations served at Infinity include children diagnosed with Autism, Down Syndrome, and communication disorders, children in foster care with and without a mental health diagnosis, and adults with developmental disabilities within a group home or day program setting. Our services are spread out between being in clinic, in home, in school (on the IEP), and in group home settings. We also receive referrals for adults in memory care settings, drug and alcohol rehab, children and adults with problem sexual behaviors, and individuals without a diagnosis looking for art enrichment/ art lessons. Our sessions are evenly divided between group and individual settings.
Benefits: We are proud to offer our employees a variety of benefits. At Infinity, we believe in opportunities for growth and we look to increase benefits for our staff as their caseload grows and they dedicate time to Infinity. Our benefits packages typically run from $3k-$7k based upon whether an employee is part-time or full-time and the number of years they have dedicated to Infinity.
Our benefits for our part-time staff include:
- Professional liability insurance (at hire)
- Comprehensive lending library of materials (at hire)
- Monthly self-care workshops (at hire)
- Access to group rates for AFLAC (after 90 days of employment)
- Health Insurance Reimbursement (with a minimum work week of 20hrs and after 90 days of employment)
- Stipend for continuing education (with a minimum work week of 20hrs and after 90 days of employment)
- Paid Time Off (after 6-months of employment)
- Paid Holidays (once salaried)
- CBMT Maintenance fees
- CMTE tracking assistance
- Paid leave for continuing education (after 6-months of employment)
- Group and individual supervision (at hire)
- Work Cell Phone (within 30 days of hire)
- Free coffee/ tea at our clinic (at hire-sometimes it’s the little things!)
- Opportunities for growth including being able to represent Infinity as a presenter at local and national conferences, assisting in designing programs, supervising interns, assisting with marketing, etc.
- Direct Deposit
- Office Suite
- $500.00 sign on bonus with a minimum of a one (1) year commitment.
Infinity’s Claim to Fame: We believe we are the future of healthcare and we’d love for you to be part of that journey. Here are some of our team’s accomplishments:
- Only practice in the state of CT offering Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth (MTACB) and Music Therapy Creative Arts Birth Education (MTCAB)
- Featured on NBC CT
- Featured on Forget Dis’ Podcast, The Record Journal (local newspaper), The Day (local newspaper), MusicTherapyEd.com, and Your Mind Matters Radio Show
- Presented as a team on self-care in the workplace at the New England Region Music Therapy Conference
- Our team presents 15+ times a year at the local and national level regarding the applications of music in healthcare and education
- Our Director of Services has 3 continuing education courses through the Spiegal Academy
- We have supported 25 interns through 3 different internship/ field study programs
This position is for you if….
- You have experience working with children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- You love getting feedback (how else do we grow?).
- You love giving feedback to others and growing as a team.
- You are confident in your music skills and counseling skills.
- A full inbox is a nightmare! You are quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- You are comfortable commuting to your sessions and you have reliable transportation.
- You are committed to growing your clinical skills.
- You can effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- You are a flexible, go with the flow type of person.
- You are a strong clinical writer.
- You can work independently and seamlessly transition to a group model.
- You are interested in developing a program from the ground up.
We definitely want to hear from you if…
- You are comfortable using sign language within music therapy.
- You have experience teaching adaptive music lessons.
- You are interested in getting trained in music therapy assisted childbirth.
- You have a strong mental health background.
- You speak Spanish.
- You are able to balance your work and your personal life and actively utilize self-care strategies.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You understand the nature of private practice.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You constantly have “last minute” things that pop up.
- The thought of asking a question to a supervisor makes you nervous.
- You are not comfortable with traveling to your appointments.
- You are not willing to commit to a minimum of a year of service. (We need someone to grow with us that we can help support professionally and who wants to make a strong difference in our clients’ lives.)
- You are disorganized.
- You believe private practice is a “starter job”.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit the following information to Jona Jeffcoat, MT-BC, Director of Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position can also be directed to the same email account or you can contact her at (860) 518-5557.
- Cover Letter: Please include why you think you would be good fit with our practice, your available start date, and what populations you are comfortable serving
- Current Resume: include information about the clientele you have served at any sites you have worked at
- A paragraph of what you expect from a supervisor
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for an 8-year-old with Autism who loves Disney with a focus on communication skills. Please include two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each.
- A typed sample 45-min session plan for a group of 15-year old adolescents in therapy for anger management. Please include two (2) goals with two (2) objectives each.
- A short video demonstrating your vocal and guitar skills (at least two songs)