Summary of Position
CMCB Music Therapy Department is seeking motivated, creative, community-oriented and passionate music therapist for the 2016-2017 school year. The music therapist will provide quality music therapy services in the Greater Boston area to individual clients of all ages and groups. Populations served include individuals experiencing autism spectrum disorder, mental health challenges, Alzheimer’s and dementia disorders, emotional/intellectual disabilities, neurological disorders, physical challenges, medical illness, social and learning challenges.
Status:Part-time (8-15 hours, week days).
There is the potential to increase hours.
Start date: Immediately
Reports to:Director of Music Therapy
Works Closely With:Director of Music Therapy, Music Therapists, Front office staff
• Provide music therapy services to in-house clients and to outreach agency groups. Sessions are provided in individual and group settings.
• Communicate with client families and other interdisciplinary team members regarding client progress
• Communicate with front office staff about intake schedules and room usage
• Completing client intake documents, weekly progress notes, quarterly progress reports, and annual agency profiles
• Attend department staff meetings, participate in supervision, presenting in-services and attending community events as a representative of CMCB
• Provide supervision for Berklee College of Music – Music Therapy students
• Clinical experience with children and adults with developmental disabilities is preferred
• Experience with a variety of populations including autism, behavioral needs, intellectual disabilities and geriatric service.
• Proficiency of clinical musicianship on guitar, piano, and vocal skills are important
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and dependable vehicle needed
• Must be able to effectively communicate with other professionals, conduct assessments, plan, organize, lead music therapy sessions, document, and evaluate treatment
• Works well and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
• Flexible and comfortable in different clinical settings and work environments
• Ability to adapt clinical work to different agency, group and individual client needs
• Ability to recognize a problem or potential challenge.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
• MT-BC required through CBMT
• Complies with rules and regulations of the Certification Board for Music Therapists
• Maintains MT-BC status by completing 100 hours of continuing music therapy education credits or taking the Board Certification Examination once every 5 years
• Requires physical stamina to transport, lift and distribute instruments
To apply, please submit letter of interest and resume to Claudia Eliaza, Director of Music Therapy at http://cmcb.mytribehr.com/careers/view/28.
About Music Therapy at Community Music Center of Boston
With over 40 years of direct service, CMCB serves as the longest continuous provider of music therapy in Greater Boston. CMCB believes the foundation for success in serving the music lives of individuals with a range of various life needs comes from building resourceful, long-term relationships with students, families, and outreach partnerships.
About Community Music Center of Boston
Founded in 1910, Community Music Center of Boston (CMCB) is an accredited non-profit community music school in Boston’s South End. CMCB’s mission is to provide excellent music education to groups and individuals of all ages and abilities, transforming lives citywide. CMCB serves over 6,000 students citywide each year, on-site in the South End and through approximately 40 community collaborations, including outreach partnerships with 20-25 Boston Public schools. Program offerings include private and group instruction, performance ensembles, music therapy and early childhood music and movement classes.