Planning and conducting data-based music therapy services on site in the Center for Music Therapy Clinic.
CMT provides clinical music therapy services for adults, teens, and children with physical, cognitive, developmental, or multiple disabilities, mental health concerns, and trauma informed care in outreach settings and at The Music Settlement. Each music therapist is an employee of The Music Settlement and is a member of an experienced team of music therapists. The department provides a selection of musical instruments and equipment, access to audio/visual equipment, computers, and a music therapy library. As an approved provider of Continuing Music Therapy Education credits through the Certification Board for Music Therapists, the Center offers a program of relevant workshops and in-service training.
On site sessions include groups and individual sessions and home-based sessions for specific adult clients. The music therapist will be compensated for travel and mileage for home-based sessions, clinical prep, and supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Music Therapist-Board-Certified (MT-BC)
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral, data-based approach
- Experience on an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary team
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a car for transportation to work sites
- Minimum of one to two years’ professional experience as a music therapist
Position Status: Year-round services