Have you recently completed a music therapy internship or graduated from a music therapy program and are now looking for your first job in the profession of music therapy?
Are you passionate about music therapy and ready to continue learning from a skilled and diverse group of music therapists?
Do you excited by the opportunity to work with a wide variety of client population?
As our practice grows, we are seeking novice music therapists who have completed their internships and degrees to begin full or part time work right away. The Programmatic Music Specialist is for the music therapist who has yet to earn their MT-BC credential but who has completed all music therapy coursework and internship.
If this is you, apply today!
Why work with us?
- Develop your skills as a music therapist through a variety of clinical work and supervision
- Be part of a dynamic team of skilled Music Therapists
- Benefit from both individual and group supervision on a regular basis
- Engage in professional development and continued growth and learning
- Gain experience with a diverse case load working with young children, children and adults with special needs and older adults
- Planning, organizing and leading goal-driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations
- Documenting all music therapy sessions within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans and client communications in electronic medical record system
- Assessing new clients and groups to develop treatment plan
- Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
- Staff at least (2) two community events and (2) tabling events in a calendar year
- Engage in regular supervision with both the Clinical Coordinator and other members of the team to support them in their clinical work through our peer supervision model
- Build and maintain rapport with families, caregivers and stakeholders through phone and email communications, updates and/or changes in service delivery
Complete Job Description provided upon request.
BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy with completed 1040 hours of clinical training and eligible to sit for the Board Certification exam. Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation.
Must have reliable transportation, valid license and proof of insurance
Must be willing to travel to various sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts
Must own or have access to a computer/laptop
Hours, Pay Range and Benefits:
Part Time Employees will work an average of 1-19 hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience.
Full Time employees will work 20 or more hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience. Full Time Employees are Benefits Eligible including Medical Benefits, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
On-site at Roman Music Therapy Services in Wakefield, MA and off site visits in the surrounding Greater Boston, Metro West , South Shore and North Shore areas through contracts with schools, community programs, agencies, and individual families. Sessions may be delivered in-person or virtually.
Position Reports to:
Clinical Coordinator, Roman Music Therapy Services
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $29.00 – $34.00 per hour