Hello, New England Region Music Therapists:
The nominating committee is excited to share that 2019 is an election year for the NER Executive Board. We are currently accepting self-nominations for all voting Executive Board positions which include:
• President-Elect: 6 year commitment
• Vice President-Elect: 4 year commitment
• Treasurer: 2 year commitment
• Secretary: 2 year commitment
• Assembly Delegate: 2 year commitment (note: a total of 9 candidates are needed to fill 4 primary and 5 alternate positions. This position requires attendance at every annual AMTA national conference)
We strongly encourage you to download and review the NER Bylaws which include descriptions for each position:
The following is required to serve on the NER-AMTA board:
• a commitment to maintaining professional AMTA membership status; and
• attendance at four regional board meetings which take place in:
◦ March or April at the annual NER Regional Conference
◦ June in Sturbridge, MA or via conference call
◦ September or October in Sturbridge, MA
◦ February in Sturbridge MA
If you are interested in running for any of these elected positions, please submit the following, via email to email@example.com, no later than Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 7:59am:
• A letter of interest to the NER-AMTA Nominating Committee
• A biography of 100 words or fewer for member reference or use on the ballot
The election will be held on Friday, March 29, 2019 at the NER-AMTA Membership Meeting.
If you have questions about any of these positions, please contact Jennifer Sokira at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Sokira, MMT, LCAT, MT-BC
Nominating Committee Chair
NER-AMTA Past President
PS: Interested in helping NER-AMTA, but not in an elected capacity? We also have openings for committee representatives for Clinical Practice Networking, Continuing Education, and NER’s Financial Committee. Contact President Judy Engel at email@example.com for more information!
Private music teacher needed in Northern Westchester/ Connecticut for in-home lessons (guitar, piano, voice, etc.) Students of all ages and levels. Must have car, be willing to travel, and be available after-school. Background in music therapy or music education a strong plus! Competitive hourly rates.
Www.creativemusiclessons.net to find out more about the company
Contact Amy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Rood Miller
Creative Music Lessons, LLC
Are you a clinician who is passionate about seeing music spark a positive change in others? Are you a creative, out-of the-box thinker, who finds joy in watching people grow through music? Do you thrive off of having a variety of cases to plan music therapy for? If so, Infinity is looking for you! We have an opening for a per diem music therapist.