Scope of Position: Provide quality music therapy services to a variety of clientele in multiple hospital and school settings.
Hours: Available Monday evenings, from 4:30- 6:30pm. Opportunity to work additional hours at the RI Philharmonic Music School in East Providence.
Reports to: Community Partnerships Manager
Works Closely With: Music School Director, Assistant Music School Director, Registrar, Site staff, Department Chair, Faculty & Families.
• Provide quality music therapy services including group and individual music therapy sessions and assessments.
• Ability and willingness to teach music using an adaptive, curriculum-based approach to students with emotional behavioral disabilities, autism spectrum and/or developmental/multi-handicapped, ages 6 to 22.
• Maintain board certification and AMTA membership. • Provide appropriate documentation and staff consultation.
• Prepares music therapy session plans, documentation, and materials with detail and quality.
• Attend scheduled faculty and department meetings.
• Promote and abide by the policies and standards of the music school.
• Respond to requests from RI Philharmonic Music School administration in a timely manner.
• Provide teaching schedules to administration as requested.
• Maintain good driving record/be able to provide own transportation. Essential Qualifications Profile:
• MT-BC required. Ability and interest in collaborating across disciplines a must.
• At least 2 years field experience as a Certified Music Therapist
• Ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively with a variety of multi-disciplinary team members.
To apply for this position:
• Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• No Phone Calls Please
The Rhode Island Philharmonic Organization
The Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra & Music School is devoted t engaging people as lifelong listeners, teachers, learners, creator and performers of music. We are the largest combined professional orchestra and music school in the United States. In addition to the Philharmonic Orchestra’s Classical, Rush Hour, Pops, Education and Family concerts, in-school performances and educational residencies, the Philharmonic Music School offers music education programs and performance opportunities to people of all ages, incomes and ability levels.