Full-Time (Benefits Eligible) Music Therapy Position
Location: Sing Explore Create, LLC (Rockland, MA)
Contact email@example.com with questions
Sing Explore Create, LLC is looking for a motivated and creative music therapist who wants to join a supportive team in a collaborative and thriving practice! Ideal candidates are interested in providing clinical music therapy services, as well as creative arts wellness programs (think more programmatic or community music therapy based) to our growing client base.
Sing Explore Create, LLC is a center for Music Therapy, Education, and Wellness located in Rockland and serving several communities in Massachusetts. We are committed to improving the lives of all those we serve through clinical music therapy services and creative-arts wellness programs for individuals and organizations we partner with throughout the community. Our creative arts wellness programs are rooted in our knowledge as music therapists and the positive effects engaging in music and the arts has on the body and mind.
We are looking to hire 1 full-time (salaried) board-certified music therapist for a November 2022 start date. This position will primarily include in-person services, with minimal telehealth services when needed. Only applicants local to or willing to relocate to Massachusetts should apply. In-person services take place throughout Southeastern, MA including the South Shore, South Coast, Metro West, Metro South and surrounding areas (therapist will not be required to travel to all of these areas, but this list encompasses our general catchment area). This includes clinic hours at our center. Phone and in-person interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
There is a real opportunity for growth when joining our team. We are constantly expanding our practice and the list of agencies and facilities we work with. The hired candidate will have the opportunity to continue to mold the position to meet his/her professional goals and work with his/her preferred client population. Our team of therapists and educators is very supportive of one another and frequently communicates to share ideas, resources, and professional support, including biweekly peer supervision meetings. This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to meeting you!
Salary: $50,000 per year
- Health/Dental Insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Simple IRA (with employer contribution)
- Life and Disability
- Over 3 weeks PTO and Holidays to start (additional PTO is accrued each work anniversary)
- BONUS PTO for 2022, as we will be closing down the week between Christmas and New Year’s (staff will be fully compensated for this week)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- CMTE/Professional Development Stipend
- CBMT fees covered
- Individual and Group Supervision
- Biweekly Team Planning Meetings
- Company-owned laptop/ipad/instruments distributed upon beginning of employment
- Access to library of music therapy resources and instruments
- Working with a strong team of music therapists and creative arts educators in a collaborative environment that emphasizes active participation in supervision and sharing resources with one another!
- Board-certified music therapist (bachelor’s or master’s level)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Strong music skills (especially voice and guitar)
- Ability to plan and provide quality music therapy treatment and engaging creative arts wellness programs to a variety of clients and populations
- Experience providing remote music therapy services through zoom and/or google meet preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Pass a CORI/SORI background check
- Follow American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) and Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) standards of practice.
- Maintain board certification by CBMT and comply with continuing education requirements. Some assistance will be given by Sing Explore Create, LLC for this.
- Provide 18-22 direct client contact service hours per week to clients from 1 or more of the following populations:
- Autistic Children/adults
- Children/adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Children with speech and communication disorders
- Children and adults with anxiety/ADD/ADHD
- Eldercare (MT for memory care and wellness programs for older adults)
- Early Childhood and School-Aged programs focused on SEL and global skill development
- Provide 1:1 music therapy and group music therapy sessions to clients in accordance with their treatment plans
- Provide creative arts wellness programs (recreational music groups with focus on wellness and global development, opportunities to include other modalities)
- Complete and document intakes, assessments, and client sessions for music therapy clients.
- Maintain documentation for music therapy clients, utilizing Sing Explore Create, LLC’s documentation system, including weekly session notes, as well as written progress reports
- Effectively communicate with clients/caregivers regarding treatment plans, sessions, scheduling, etc.
- Complete daily timesheets.
- Attend and actively engage in staff meetings and peer/individual supervision
- Assist in program development needs as they arise (primary responsibilities will be planning sessions for new groups)
- Attend open houses, recitals, and other community events as a representative of Sing Explore Create, LLC (typically 1-2 times per year)
- Document hours and work completed each week.
- Perform other duties related to the position and as assigned by supervisor
Interested candidates should submit the following to ncraven@singexplorecreate.
- Cover Letter: include why you would be a good fit for our team, your professional goals, and available start time
- Video or audio recording of you singing 2 songs in varying styles, while accompanying yourself on guitar for at least 1 of the songs. This does NOT need to be a professional recording.