Granite State Music Therapy is seeking a music therapist for a part-time position with the potential for full-time employment. We are an active music therapy practice with a strong presence in southern and central New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts. Our team works with clients of all ages in schools, homes, and day programs to address developmental, social, and emotional goals.
Pay for this position is dependent on your years of experience. Candidates for this music therapy position should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in music therapy
- Board certified (MT-BC) or eligible to sit for the board exam within 24 months of employment
- Ability to conduct assessments, set appropriate goals within the scope of music therapy practice, and design and implement therapeutic interventions for individuals and groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and other team members and track client progress through written notes and reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills; willingness and ability to collaborate with other therapists and professionals on a client’s treatment team
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
Music therapists with Granite State Music Therapy enjoy flexible scheduling, so you can create a schedule that fits within your preferred working hours and locations. This position offers a unique opportunity to develop a caseload that suits your therapeutic approach while also allowing you to expand your knowledge and gain experience in a wide range of settings. Granite State Music Therapy serves individuals and groups from early childhood to older adulthood, so you can build up a highly varied caseload that brings you to unique locations each day.
Granite State Music Therapy offers the following benefits:
- Flexible scheduling
- Mileage reimbursement
- Reimbursement for continuing education
- Social Security
- Workers’ compensation
- Professional liability insurance
- Professional supervision
As a member of the Granite State Music Therapy team, you can connect with a group of enthusiastic music therapists in your community. We host regular staff meetings and professional development opportunities so that our therapists can consult with one another and expand their skills.
Granite State Music Therapy is proud to be at the forefront of the rapidly-growing field of music therapy in New Hampshire, and we are excited to welcome a new member to the team. If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Ferguson at elizabeth@