NSMHA is looking for a Music Therapist – Service Coordinator to join our Early Intervention Team! Harbor Area Early Childhood Services is a passionate team devoted to supporting children and families. The EI Service Coordinator coordinates and provides early intervention services and treatment to children and child/family clients using a team approach. Services are provided in home, program, or other community settings which have been identified as clients’ natural environments. Services are provided in both an individual and group setting.
What you’ll do:
- Provide early intervention screening/intake, evaluation and assessment of service needs and provision of appropriate direct services.
- Provide direct child developmental and family support and home teaching services and case management to clients in home, program, and community settings.
- Coordinate and participate as team evaluator in child developmental assessments and monitor conduct of additional child/family assessments and service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in development of IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan), and in the execution, review and evaluation of the plan.
- Collaborate with client families in identifying their concerns, priorities and resources.
- Coordinate full range of home-based and center/community-based services with early intervention team including contracted discrete therapy and FFS service providers.
- Provide education, advocacy, and support on child and parenting issues and information of community resources to client families.
- Refer for discrete/specialized child therapies and refer to other case management and counseling services when appropriate.
- Coordinate intervention service with medical, state, and health providers with family consent.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for child and family client.