Reporting to the Associate Director, the Music Therapist is responsible for providing services to Residents of North Hill, a leading-edge Life-Care Community which includes Independent and Enhanced Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care.
- The Music Therapist is responsible for providing individual music therapy for Residents living in all communities at North Hill who have been assessed by the Music Therapist or referred by a Team Member
- Plans and implements a well-organized Music Therapy program for groups to include cognitive, social, physical and spiritual music-based activities for all levels and functions
- Writes progress notes and care plans for identified Residents receiving music therapy in a timely manner
- Develops the music therapy program and other musical programs, policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Is the liaison to schools with Expressive Therapy programs, arranges internships and supervises interns at North Hill
- Bachelors Degree and Board Certification in Music Therapy
- The candidate should be proficient in piano skills and have a minimum of 2 years experience with elderly adults, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Experience working with rehabilitation services and the ability to play guitar are also desired.
Please send all Resumes and Cover Letters to:
Rebecca Leahy, Human Resources
865 Central Avenue
Needham, MA 02492